Each SASSUI product is handcrafted with love and care by owner and creator Saskia Hopff. The essence of the range is about getting back to basics, simplifying life, using only what is beneficial without wasting or causing harm. Ingredients are sourced as locally as possible, in some cases straight out of Saskia’s garden.
Saskia makes and sells her products in the tourist town of Plettenberg Bay, South Africa. Many of her customers want to continue buying her products once they return home, so Saskia decided to expand her business to sell online.
- New online store build, with a limited budget.
- Keep the design clean and simple in line with the essence of the brand.
- Highlight the unique selling points of each product as a premium natural range.
- Allow customers to browse products in multiple ways – eg. by frequency of use or skin type.
- Source imagery to portray the perfumes – a challenging product to sell online.
- Greyscale imagery was used to enhance the strong black and white branding.
- An uncluttered page layout was chosen to echo the range’s ethos of simplicity.
- A free Shopify theme was selected in order to keep the costs down.
- Products are displayed on a white background in keeping with the clean feel.
- A colourful product key was developed in order to draw attention to the unique selling points.